HOW WELL DO TRADITIONAL CAPPED COMPOSITE DECKING PLANKS STACK UP AGAINST 100% POLYMER PVC PLANKS?
(100% polymer - pvc)
• Top of the line in quality, durability, and beauty
• Offering the most color options available
• Class A fire spread rating - best possible
• 0% waste during manufacturing
• PVC decking is 100% recyclable
• Minor scratches can be removed with heat gun
• Extremely light weight, yet stronger than capped composites
• Superior heat dissipation
• Industry best 30-year limited fade and stain, and a limited lifetime warranty
• Ideal for board bending
capped composite decking
(made with wood fillerS)
• Planks are beautiful, but prone to scratching, mold, mildew and end swell
• Less color options available than PVC
• Class B or C fire spread rating
• Waste is created during manufacturing
• Capped composites decking must be disposed of in the landfill
• Scratches cannot be removed
• Extremely heavy, yet not as strong as PVC
• Much slower heat dissipation than PVC
• 25-year limited fade and stain, and a limited lifetime warranty
• Very difficult to board bend
To someone who’s not seen PVC products installed on a deck, it would be easy to assume that it would have the strong appearance of plastic. In reality, this is actually not the case and companies like AZEK have spent a lot of money developing products that mimic or resemble the look of natural wood. With the current trend for hardwood decking products like Ipe, Tigerwood and Batu on the increase, many synthetic decking manufacturers are using hardwood colors and grain patterns to influence their own range of plank styles. AZEK’s newest ‘Vintage Collection’ is a great example of how far PVC decking has come and how well the product can resemble the color and texture of real wood - and without the maintenance too.
Current day PVC decking planks fulfill the desire for low maintenance decking, contain no wood fiber (the common cause of mold, mildew and end-swell in capped composite decking planks), and offers the broadest color assortment and natural wood grains available. AZEK PVC is ranked #1 in quality and has a crisp, unparalleled aesthetic that can’t be found in other decking materials. It can be considered across most budget ranges – especially factoring in the higher cost of ownership over 20 years that you find with other alternative materials. AZEK Capped PVC will not rot, crack, warp, splinter or develop end-swell and does not require annual sanding, staining or sealing, and has an industry best 30 year warranty. Polymer based decking planks like Azek give you peace of mind, and more time to show off your outdoor masterpiece.
What YOU get from a PVC deck built by LeBlanc Decks
On any PVC deck we’ll use a variety of special hidden fasteners designed to provide a decking surface that is 100% free of visible screws. This is a detail we love providing our customers!
Unless a client prefers not to include them, or unless it doesn’t make design sense, a single border along all exposed edges of the deck is standard. The choice is up to you whether the border is the same color as the field planks or something completely different. Borders can even be 2 or more planks wide and continue along all edges of the deck.
You’ll never find butt joint seams in the field of our decking. To avoid the often unsightly gaps created by butt joint we install strategically placed divider boards that are used to breakup long runs of decking and create separate sections of decking that are 100% seamless.
We never stop looking for new ways to insert creativity into our decking projects. PVC planks lend themselves to heat bending, something that has expanded the possibilities of deck design.